Tuesday 10 July 2018

Simplicity 1318 - Kimono Jacket


My second make for the summer was Simplicity 1318. It has been in my 'to make' pile for over a year but was not needed last year as the weather here was bad and Iceland was not the country for needing summer clothes!



I made version B in cotton that my Dad brought back from Oman years ago. It went together easily, although I somehow managed to get the fronts uneven. I had to unpick / re hem one side, which was annoying and now it is a couple of inches shorter at the front that it is supposed to be. It's still wearable though and I have a kimono to try and stop my shoulders burning on holiday - they always seem to catch the sun no no matter how much cream I put on.

Really need to re press that back seam...!
This would be gorgeous in a printed silk, I am imagining liberty silk, but can't justify the cost for something that will be worn a handful of times a year (unless summers like this happen every year which I doubt!) I will have to keep searching ebay!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.