Thursday 6 August 2020

Hey June Halifax Hoodie v 2

At the beginning of the year I was planning on only sewing things I really really needed with fabric from my stash. Then Covid -19 happened and I started sewing from sanity which will explain the many sewing posts that will appear over the coming weeks! Since Mum died I haven't really felt the motivation to blog about everything I make so there are a lot of makes missing from this space but I figure now is a good time to re start the blog up and document some of this insane time we are living though. 

At the beginning of the year, before Covid,  I re-made the Halifax Hoodie by Hey June. I love this pattern and my previous version is now in the recycle pile as it is threadbare! 


I used a gorgeous fleece backed sweatshirt fabric from The Organic Textile Company (which in hindsight isn't really stretchy enough but works) and sewed it on my normal machine as the overlocker was hating the thickness of the fabric. 

It isn't perfect (bottom band doesn't line up over zip...) but it is regularly worn and a much needed addition to the wardrobe. I found it a lot easier to get a nice inside finish this time and the zip went in easily. Last time I remember battling with the bloody zip and unpicking numerous times. Oh what a difference 3 more years of sewing experience makes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.