Sunday 9 August 2020

Jennifer Lauren Handmade Aisling Blouse - Pattern Tester Review

I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester for the Jennifer Lauren Handmade Aisling Blouse (ages ago!). I was provided the pattern to test and give feedback on. All opinions here are my own!



This is a brilliant pattern. I wasn't sure about the square neck line as I would never usually choose this style and puffy sleeves under cardis are not great but was very pleasantly surprised. I intended to make the version with no buttons as my test version but cut the wrong one so buttons it was!

I made it in a soft floaty viscose that I got from someones stash on ebay and the buttons were from my Granny's button tin. The 14 C cup fitted straight from the pattern with no tweaking, normally I would do a broad back adjustment but it was not needed.

During lockdown I have made another one, this version is the one I intended to make as a tester!

Again I used a soft floaty viscose, this time it was from The Fabric Guys, it sneaked into my basket when I was buying cotton for mask making (more in another post). 

I have had so many compliments about these blouses, more than anything else I have made. They will get a lot of wear when something other than casual clothes are required again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.