Tuesday, 8 November 2016

Pattern Testing the Karri

Last year I put my name down to be a pattern tester for Megan Nielsen patterns. I tested the kids Tania Culottes last November and in June I was a tester for the Karri dress.

At the time I was snowed under with work and getting ready to go on holiday so didn't have time to make an interesting version, instead I stuck with fabric I had pre-washed and ready to go.

My choice of fabric means you can't see the detail of the pieced bodice, I think I am glad about that though as I am not a fan of the join between the pieces going right over the bust apex. The next time I make it I will use the lining piece for the main front as it doesn't have this join!

The picture above is the Karri made exactly as the pattern is, cut in a M with no tweaks and un-hemmed. I am a fan of Megan Nielsen patterns as they fit my odd shape ok from the packet and only require a few simple alterations which tend to be the same for all the patterns. I always have shoulder and bodice length issues, and this time was no different. I did tweak the shoulders before I took the top and bottom photos and it makes a huge difference to how it feels on. 

The dress is fully lined which is lovely and the next time I make it I will line it with something other than an old poly cotton sheet which makes the outer fabric lie funnily...

I'm now dreaming up a Christmas version!