A Competition Cushion

21:16

I was contacted by Terrys Fabrics a few weeks ago asking if I wanted to take part in a competition. I was allowed to choose 2 fabrics, was sent 0.5m of each and a 18 inch cushion, in return I was to make a cushion cover, photograph it, blog about it then an interior designer will pick a winner. If I win I get vouchers to spend on fabric. It was a no brainer since the site has a fab range of fabric and my kitchen windows are still nude!

I chose 2 Clarke & Clarke fabrics, a burgundy polka dot and a sage floral. I am slightly in love with Clarke & Clarke fabrics although I can find nothing on line about their ethics (when buying fabric for clothing I only buy fairtrade fabric but I have struggled to get heavy weight home decor fabric that is ethical).

This is my cushion,




I used the polka dot to make a simple cover then made a fabric flower with the sage floral and a polka dot rosette in the centre.


I am not sure where she is going to live, possibly the kitchen if I ever get my much wanted church pew..!
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is lovely! The colour is gorgeous, and the flower is a cute touch. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous Alison, love the colour and the flower really finishes it off! Good luck hun!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...