Sunday 14 July 2019

Closet Case Patterns Jasika Blazer


To say I was excited when Closet Case patterns released the Jasika blazer may be an understatement. It is the blazer pattern I have been searching for since 2016 when I bought Islay tweed to make a blazer. I used silk from my stash for the lining and bought the supplies from ebay with the exception of the interfacing which was from The Tailor Mouse, and followed along with the #blazerofglory challenge but finished before the end of it because I couldn't wait!


I have never made a pattern with so many pieces which was slightly daunting! That was an epic sticking and cutting session!

Based on my measurements I was a 14 so I made a muslin and the only pattern adjustment I made to the final version was a full bicep adjustment. I felt I needed from the muslin but in reality I don't think I needed, it just means there is more room for a thick jumper now. I used the Closet Case Patterns fitting guide to talk me through the adjustment which was so helpful.


 It was at this point I seriously started regretting buying striped fabric but the matching went surprisingly well even if it did take me three times as long as plain fabric would have!


The instructions were fantastic and I loved watching the jacket come together layer by layer and the moment I pulled it the right side out was a moment of magic!


After a good press it looked like a proper blazer and I love it. I have worn it a few times and it will get a lot of wear once the weather gets cooler, which will probably be in a few weeks knowing Scottish summers.





I will probably make a summer weight version but I think that will be a winter project and I will use it next year, I'm not ready for another big project yet.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.