Thursday 16 January 2020

Makes of 2019

Here is a roundup of all the things I  made in 2019, most are new here as my blogging skills were  lacking last year!

Tops:
Tilly and the Buttons Frankie tee stashbusting wee bits of jersey 
 Hemlock tee - secondhand fabric poly jersey from ebay . The only poly in my wardrobe and I love the fabric pattern but hate the feel.
Maria from Denmark Kirsten Kimono
another stashbuster using second hand fabric from ebay
Mia blouse - stash fabric inherited from Mum.

Renfrew from Sewaholic - Organic cotton jersey
Melrose top
African wax fabric that was a gift from my Dad


























Drop Sleeve Top by The Avid Seamstress -
Stash fabric that was a gift from my Mum 6 years ago
Hemlock tee - Organic cotton from here


Drop Sleeve Top by The Avid Seamstress without sleeves! 
McCalls blouse

Tilly and the Buttons Indigo

Dresses:
Freya top and Cleo dress, both TatB
Top fabric from ebay, denim from deep stash
DVF wrap dress in organic cotton


TatB Joni dress in 2nd hand eBay fabric
Melrose Dress in Galaxy deep stash fabric


McCalls dress in gifted African Wax
Self drafted tunic dress in Plush Addict jersey I won.
Skirts:
Wrap Skirt using vintage pattern and inherited from Mum fabric.
This used to be a Darling Ranges that I forgot to lengthen the body on so it never fit properly. Now a skirt!
  Trousers:
Peppermint Magazine Wide Leg Trousers using second hand wool
Peppermint Magazine Wide Leg Trousers using second hand tencel from my friends Mum
TatB Stella joggers in Organic cotton from here
Simplicity joggers in second hand jersey from eBay

Coats:
Jaskia Blazer using Islay Tweed and lined with inherited silk
Saporro Coat made with secondhand wool

Butterick Lisette Patter in secondhand wool 

Jumpsuits:
Deer and Doe Sirocco in Organic Cotton

Sallie in eBay jersey

TatB Magnolia in ancient stash fabric
Can't remember the pattern, for my sister in second hand viscose from eBay
 Jumpers/ sweatshirts:

Icelandic jumper made with Icelandic wool
TatB Stella Hoodie in same Organic Cotton as joggers
 Other things!

Harry Potter bibs for a friends baby

Megan Nielsen Colsetto swimsuit in fabric from Funki Fabrics

35 items.

That's quite a lot...

At the start of the year I had a massive wardrobe clear out and sold  or donated loads of hardly worn / didn't fit anymore items so most of these makes fill the gaps in my wardrobe. I have tried my best to use second hand fabric or Organic Cotton fabrics with only a few exceptions.

I have already worn my Lisette coat, that I finished in mid December, 15 times. It fills a huge gap in my wardrobe that I had been putting off filling as I was worried I would make a coat and change shape and it wouldn't fit. I realise now that that is a ridiculous way to think. If it grow or shrink out of this coat I will alter in, and I get the pleasure of wearing something I really need now.

Expect more of me here in 2020, it won't all be sewing but hopefully there will be more than there was this year!

Thanks for reading and following along

Alison
x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.