Monday 31 January 2011

My first adult sized dress!

I made this dress over the weekend, I used a pattern from the book Sew Serendipity which was really good, very clear instructions!

Excuse the rubbish photo, I think there may be small finger prints on the lens so it is a bit blurry and I have no idea why I took it at the odd angle!!

My only concern is that I used fabric from an Ikea duvet cover (got it for £3 in their reject section!) and I am worried someone recognises it when I am out and about! I have enough fabric to make at least another dress and a skirt (it is a king sized duvet cover) so it was a very cheap dress to make and I love the pattern. I will definately be keeping  my eyes open for more duvet covers in the reject section of Ikea, as long as no one recognises this one!




1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this is great, thanks for sharing with Recycled Fashion Finds! Hey dont worry if people notice it is an Ikea duvet, hold you head up high and say, yes, I made it out of remnants! I think its wonderful. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.