Monday 21 May 2012

Another Banksia and some pintrest recipes

I have been meaning to post pics of my latest Banksia top for ages but last week was busy busy busy!


I made this version with some old (60's) polka dot fabric (I think it is maybe thermal blind material as it is nice and warm, perfect for Scotland in the summer!)


Please don't ask why I feel compeled to pull funny faces in most photos...!
My original Banksia top post is here if you want a peek. I cut this one in a size medium and made a muslin first which highlighted the fact that I needed a teeny bit more room over the back so I added about 1cm to the back width which helped greatly. The collar still did not fit that well so I ran some gathering stitches along the back neckline and gathered it to fit the collar, thinking about it I wonder if just raising the back neckline would work...next time!!

After totally neglecting my wifley duties for long enough, and desperately resisting the urge to keep sewing, I decided it was about time I tried to get organised in the food department. I hate savoury cooking and am not very good at it so I spent a lot of time last week trying out a few recipes I had pinned for the slow cooker, this one for orange chicken


is gorgeous, even little e ate it and she hardly eats anything!

I have made about 15 meat based meals for the freezer (which should last us for a good few months as we only eat meat about twice a week) and have drawn up a menu for the next 2 weeks, it is such a good feeling to actually be organised and know what we are eating! Phew!

I made up for all the savoury cooking by doing a bake off for my Granny's 96th birthday tea party, I think I will do a seperate post about that or this might be epic!






Linking up to these fab linky parties!


8 comments:

  1. Love the polka dot fabric - fab shirt!

    Well done on getting organised in the meal department, it is always a struggle coming up with meals everyone will eat!

    Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that shirt! I must get the pattern! :) Thanks for sharing. I found you on tutorial tuesday!

    LaLaLauren
    laurenphd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! Did you have the same fit issues?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute,very cute top! I would love to try something like this.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the top! Thanks for linking to our Handmade Tuesdays party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great top! And good for you for getting so organised! I'm impressed!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. The colors are fabulous. I'd love for you to link it up to Crafty Cousins-- http://crafting-cousins.blogspot.com/2012/05/what-i-wore-sunday-week-16.html

    ~Natalie

    Holla! We're your newest followers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that shirt is so cute! reminds me of a dress i used to have...

    and that orange chicken looks sooooooo good! it's 1230am here and i could definitely go for some chinese :)

    thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.