The Abbey Coat09:00
Thank goodness it is done, what a long and torturous sewing journey....
I should say first though, what a brilliant pattern! I have never made a coat before but this pattern and instructions were so clear it should have been pretty easy.
My first, and main, problem was the wool blend material I bought, it frayed even if you breathed on it and if you dared try and unpick it (and I ended up doing a lot of it) it basically self destructed!
Then, after sewing the coat panels together I realised that the material was stretching crazily when it was sewn...
Then to make it all 100% worse my sewing machine died on me and I ended up using my Mum's machine which was horrendous, think it must actually be broken, and my top stitching ended up wiggly and I had to unpick it all (see problem above!!)
The coat is now done apart from the button holes (I have put large poppers on in the mean time) as I am not even attempting them until my machine with the button hole programme comes back!
|Slightly wrinkly post car journey photo!|
|The back isn't really squint, must have been standing strangely!|
Linking up to some of these fab linky parties!