Monday 28 October 2013

A New Dress for Halloween!

I got  Butterick 5917 pattern ages ago when I was looking for patters to suit my shape.

via

Technically it should suit me, being empire line and having detail at the bust to draw attention away from my non defined waist. I didn't bother with the bust ruffle on this version, it is really a wearable muslin.


The fabric is very old (1960's) that came from a Great Aunt's house years ago, black with white stars. I thought it would be a perfect witch's dress for Halloween.


Turns out it is not all that flattering after all (which is why it has taken 3 months to photograph and post about it), think it emphasises rather than disguises my non-waist but it will do for Halloween!

The next dress I have to post about is even worse, no wonder my desire to sew for myself has been non existent!

3 comments:

  1. It really is quite nice Alison. A friend of mine has a similar waist-less issue and she uses a thin belt create a waist. With those fab brown boots a thin brown belt would look very snappy and create a waist definition for you. It really does work and nobody who knows her would even guess that she didn't have a waist! In fact, I have even seen her wear a belt over the top of a cardi to give herself waist definition if you're prepared to go that far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable- as always! Love the boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks lovely. I agree with Nessa, a thin belt, in a bright colour or to match your boots, would emphasise your waist

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.