Sunday 8 June 2014

My First Circle Skirt

I have a few huge annoying pieces of fabric in my stash that I can't see myself ever using, one was a large Indian bead spread that had a circle pattern within a rectangle pattern (I did take a photo but it has disappeared). The colours were nice, the weight was nice but I had no idea what to do with it... until I was talking to a friend who I am teaching to sew and she was describing the type of skirt she would like to try, a circle skirt.

Why hadn't I though of that?!


So last weekend I dragged the bedspread out of the cupboard and, using the By Hand circle skirt app, whipped up a full circle skirt out of the bead spread.



I love it and am really pleased with how the pattern looks. The only problem is that I didn't prewash the fabric and I am sure it will shrink when I wash it, maybe it will provide the kick up the backside I need to just loose that final stone...







Linking to some of these fab linky parties!

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely, and it's not blue! :) Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea!! Looks like it would match with all sorts of coloured tops too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love this, the patterns work great on a circle skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am officially in love with the skirt :)

      Delete
  4. SO cute! Love the top you paired it with!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.