Me Made May - the finale!15:26
I can't believe it is June already! Me Made May has definitely been an eye opener in more than one way, before I go on here are the last few pics:
Day 29: No Photos, a day in DIY clothes tiling the new downstairs shower room which will hopefully be finished so I can take some pics and write about it!
Jeans: Sainsburys via my Mum - legs taken in.
Culottes - made last year, can't find a blog post about them...
Culottes - Tania Culottes still to be blogged!
So, I managed to wear me made almost every day without difficulty. I did wear a few items of M&S clothes that I bought ages ago that are not particularly ethical but the rest of the time the clothes were from ethical companies (Seasalt and People Tree) or secondhand, sometimes both!
I have realised a few things:
- My wardrobe is boring. I wear too much blue and not enough pattern.
- My Mum uniform of jeans and a t-shirt is too casual. I like to look smartish so this month have made an effort to dress more smartly on most days and it feels good doing it!
- I have lost almost a stone in the last four months and now some of my clothes make me look huge, they either need taken in or have to go. Although, I have a stone to go so I should probably wait until the end of summer before I alter too much!
- I have always had a stash of acquired fabric so use what I have for projects which means that often patterns are made in the wrong fabric, the Josephine is a classic example of how awful a pattern can look in the wrong fabric. I am almost through my usable sizes of stash fabric though so from now on I will buy fabric to suit the pattern. This gets expensive when you only buy organic and fairtrade though, I think this site will be getting a lot more business from me in the near future!
- I need a good trouser / jeans pattern, this is my quest for the summer, so I can banish all the ill fitting jeans I own!
This month has really spurred me on to get sewing, I have made a pair of kids shorts, 3 tops, a pair of culottes and a circle skirt this month (all will be blogged soon). Hopefully the items for me will fill gaps in my wardrobe and liven it up a little!