Thursday, 12 July 2018

New Look 6429 - 1980's summer tops


I have had this pattern lurking in my pattern stash for years since it was given to my by my Aunt when she was clearing out.

I decided to try out a couple of the top patterns. The pattern was cut in a 16 so I went with that as it matched my measurements fairly well.


The vest top turned out massive so I took it in and lifted the sleeves and now it is wearable. I attempted a second version in the smaller size but it was a miserable failure, no idea what I did wrong but it was awful! I think I will stick with the By Hand London Polly top for any more woven vest tops I fancy!



The fake wrap top was made in the left over fabric from my kimono with cream linen for the back. It fits fine, I used the 16, took it in a wee bit but not nearly as much as the vest top!


It is much boxier that I normally wear and the excess fabric in the front that is supposed to be drapey isn't really when it is made in this cotton. It would be gorgeous in a proper drapey fabric but this has been nice and cool in the hot weather.

I'm not sure this pattern will get another outing, can't help but think that all the  effort loosing weight is lost when I wear these boxy woven tops that just hang from the bust!



0 comments:

Post a Comment