A hoodie and a very silly mistake...!20:13
Earlier in the week I decided it was time to do some stash busting... My mountain of fabric is screaming to be used so, to use up some of the more bulky fabric (bamboo sweatshirt style material), I thought a hoodie was the way to go. I used the pattern from this fab book.
|image from amazon|
All was going brilliantly, overlocker was behaving, sewing machine was behaving, fabric was behaving, unfortunately my brain was not functioning 100% (I blame the wee girl who visits our bed at least twice a night to snuggle in, then after 10 mins decides she wants to be taken back to her bed where I then have to sit and rub her legs till she is almost asleep, and of course all this has to be done by me because if daddy goes near her she just screams and wakes her brother......can you tell this annoys me, I hope so!!!).
I was at the zip stage and I had a feeling, you know the one, where you know something is not right but you can't quite put your finger on what's wrong so you carry on regardless.....
It was only when I came to unzip the top to try it on I realised my mistake......yes I had sewn a dress zip that obviously didn't open on to my hoodie, not clever! But...I loved it so wore it anyway until the proper zip arrived! New zip is now sewn on but the fabric has stretched and the zip is a bit wavy but I can't face unpicking it again so it will have to do for now!
You can sometimes find me linking to these fab linky parties!