Thursday 27 February 2014

Sew Grateful: Sewing Project

As I hinted at yesterday, my latest sewing projects have been some Deer and Doe plantain tops.

I desperately needed a plain navy and plain black top so, with the left over fabric from my leggings, I set to work!



This is a great, simple pattern and each top took less than an hour to make, a nice quick fix! I made the black slightly longer than the navy which was lucky because I didn't prewash the fabric and they shrunk, lengthways, after the first wash. Oops. Luckily they are still wearable.


Lesson learnt about prewashing now though :)


4 comments:

  1. The Plantain is such a lovely pattern isn't it, and perfect for everyday wear. Yep, I also learnt the lesson about pre washing knits the hard way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea they would shrink so much!

      Delete
  2. Great basics for your wardrobe, and the fit looks really good for you! I look forward to some of these post baby - I suspect they'd be handy for feeding.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.