Monday 31 March 2014

Darling Ranges - a wearable muslin

I have had the PDF Darling Ranges pattern by Megan Nielsen since November and finally got round to printing it out and sticking it together so I could try out a wearable muslin a few weeks ago.


http://megannielsen.com/products/darling-ranges-dress-sewing-pattern

After reading Kerry's post about broad upper back adjustments I realised that this is what I have needed in a lot of patterns. When I made the Banksia I did a FBA and it ended up massive so went with just a broad upper back adjustment with the Darling Ranges. I also made the arm holes slightly deeper and sleeve pieces slightly wider to accommodate my bingo wings :)


I was using a cast off maxi dress from my Mum for the fabric and didn't have enough for the full DR dress so made a blouse instead. It looks nice on the hanger but it is not the most flattering - gathering round my widest part.... I think when I make the dress I might put a circle skirt on it to avoid the gathering!








Linking to some of these fab linky parties!

1 comment:

  1. Just been having a catch up of your latest posts - love the tops you have been making. Love the colourful fabric of this one especially!

    Hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.