Tuesday 29 April 2014

A wee dress...that will probably never be worn...

Little e - queen of fussy dressers (and eaters but that is a whole other topic..) requested a dress. Yes, the girl who will only wear dresses if they are jersey fabric and not made by me actually asked me to make her a dress.

She chose this pattern
 

 and some pink gingham fabric with flowers printed on it.


I had to shortened the skirt by about 1/3 of the length as it was proper party dress length and she doesn't like dresses below the knee. Also, I lined the bodice which hides some of the scratchy seams...



It looks nice on the hanger, if only I knew what it looked like on, but of course she says it is a party dress and there have been no parties to go to yet...

My bets are that it is never worn and ends up as a gift for one of our friends daughters.

Oh well, it was nice of her to ask..



3 comments:

  1. It's really pretty though, and now she can't say you never make her anything! I hope she does get an opportunity to wear it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a sweet dress, and maybe she'll change her mind and want to wear it another day. My kids are a lot like that, too. One minute they're super excited about the fabric and the pattern, but by the time it's finished they aren't as excited. I will have to say that letting my daughter pick everything about her clothes has actually lead to her wearing more of what I sew, so maybe there's hope.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ever hopeful that it will grow on her since she chose everything! A x

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.