Tuesday 19 March 2013

DIY Origami Bunny

My craft fair a week and a half ago was a disaster, very poorly organised which resulted in very few people coming to it... I did have 5 sales though and one was an Origami Bunny filled with mini eggs.



They are pretty simple to make and once you start it is hard to stop... mine really are breeding like rabbits!

I used this video tutorial and after a few false starts I got the hang of it and was able to rattle them off pretty quickly. Instead of traditional thin origami paper I used scrapbooking paper which was a bit too thick and the ears had a tendancy to go pointy, like this one,


but I wanted the thicker paper to hold the eggs as they are quite heavy.

On a totally seperate note picmonkey have loads of new stuff for free, I have just spent ages deciding which critters to put pn my picture...!


16 comments:

  1. Cute bunny, you are clever! Sorry to hear the craft fair wasn't very successful, hopefully you will have better luck next time.

    Oh and I saw your fabric bow featured on A Round Tuit - well done!

    Hugs, Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bunny is cute - what a great idea for a small Easter gift. Thank you for linking up at Fluster's Creative Muster. Hope to see you next week!

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I may have to make these for our Easter guests. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute and yet very elegant too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea, will give these a go with my son over Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! Have pinned :)

    Angela @ A Typical English Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! What a fun way to give treats! I'm including this in my preschool Easter round up at http://preschoolpowolpackets.blogspot.com/2013/03/29-easter-activities-for-preschoolers.html -- let me know if that's a problem!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet. I'm pinning. little bit

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so darling!!! Thank you so much for sharing. =) Stopping by from the pin me linky party! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute !
    Anna
    Saw you on Diana Rambles link party

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! Might try to teach my sons to make some for Easter - got to fill their two weeks off school somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous little bunny! I'm going to check out that tutorial myself!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.