Tuesday 12 May 2015

A Cardigan - M6844



Normally I get my cardigans from charity shops but I am finding it harder and harder to find the kind I like - long and loose. When I saw this pattern on sale before Christmas I bought it because view B is my perfect cardigan.


I had fabric waiting for the pattern - a grey ribbed cotton/linen blend jersey that I got from organiccotton.biz (the one on the right) , so thought cardigan perfection was within reach. I was wrong, it was a disaster, loose rib was horrible to sew and the cardi ended up enormous by the time I finished. It got sent to the charity shop in disgust and the pattern got put away for now.

About a month ago I ended up with 2m of this fabric (instead of a refund for some fabric that's colour ran when I washed it) and had another bash at the cardigan pattern.




This time it worked, just, this fabric is awful as well!

 I cut a M and it fits fine, the next time I will lengthen the arms though. They are not as short as they look here in real life.



Now to try and write up my epic trouser making sessions that have been happening.




3 comments:

  1. I love this cardi and the fabric, it looks a bit blazer like - very on trend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks great! do you just mean the fabric was awful to sew with? Cause I really like the print :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.