Saturday 25 July 2015

A Summer Darling Ranges Dress




I have been planning another Megan Nielsen Darling Ranges dress since I finished the last one in April, and finally, it has been sewn!


I used fabric that my Mum and Dad brought back from America last summer. I wasn't sure if it would just be too loud for a dress but used it anyway and I am glad I did, I love it!


I cut a straight medium again and, apart from a sneaky safety pin between the top two buttons it fits really well. I had enough fabric this time to make it the correct length, perfect for bare legs and sandals (which I froze in...)


I used glass buttons from my Grandma's button box, I couldn't decide on a colour of button so clear it was! I am slightly nervous about them though, I am good at smashing things...

Hopefully we get some warmer weather here soon so I can maybe wear it without turning blue :)


On a totally random note, look how much the garden has grown in 3 months!!




6 comments:

  1. Perfect for summer - i hope it warms up for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has actually been on constant rotation since it was finished, don't want to put it away now for autumn! A x

      Delete
  2. Wishing for some warm weather for you. Although your garden definitely thinks it summer! Fabulous dress, it really suits your figure. And the fabric is smashing. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The garden def thinks it is still summer, although I wish the weeds didn't...!! A x

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely and it fits you perfectly. I do keep meaning to get to this pattern at some point. I really love the simple shape of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I love the fit :) also, that's your garden?! I thought you were at some National Trust property, jealous :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.