Thursday 23 July 2015

A Very Summery Dress!

Warning: Sunglasses may be required!


Since I made my last dress I have wanted to make one with sleeves and this fabric has been calling me from the stash for about a year now so it was time to set it free.

My Mum bought the fabric to make curtains (!) for her kitchen then decided parrots and butterflies on dress making fabric was possibly not the wisest choice. It does mean there are 7 meters of it in my stash now (my Mum is very good at passing things to me that she does not have room for...).


I had to make a few more adjustments to my bodice block, deepening the darts and lifting the shoulders, but apart from that it was a quick make. I didn't line this as it was supposed to go on holiday with me..... I forgot to pack it so it is still unworn and summer has disappeared - wahhhhhh!!

I love the look of the gathered skirt on the hanger but not so much in real life, it just adds so much bulk at the waist. I have a narrow tan belt that breaks it up a bit but will need to sew some belt holders if I am going to wear it as the belt rides up at the back.

The next dress using my bodice block will have a half circle skirt which will hopefully make my waist look a bit less huge...

This fabric is going to get another outing as a dress for Mum once he has decided on a pattern, then we can be dress twins!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the parrots, and the colour. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour of this is fab. Know what you mean about gathers around the tummy, but with a belt should be good.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.