Saturday 7 January 2012

2012 'HOME'

For me/us as a family 2012 is going to be all about home. Making our forever house into our forever home, well starting to anyway...! It is also the year I going to try and use up as much of my crafting stash as possible, and there is a lot, like 6 large plastic boxes and one large suitcase of fabric, at least 30 balls of wool, 40 tubs of glitter, 6 take away tubs of embellishments for cards..... I could go on but I will spare you the rest!

So, the point of this post, to show you my first stash busting project of 2012, HOME canvases.

 I have had the 4 wee canvases since the summer and wanted to try some glue gun 'art' so, using my new tiny glue gun that Big E got me for my Christmas, I 'glued' the letters on the canvases, waited till they were dried then gave them each 2 coats of paint, simple!


My letters could be neater but I like them. At the moment they are propped on the fire place waiting to find a permanent home bit at least they are out of the craft room!!


Just had another idea for some chipboard letters that I have 4 packs of...... back soon!!







Linking to these fab linky parties!

Have you entered my Bloggy Birthday Giveaway??

6 comments:

  1. This looks great- what a fantastic idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super creative! I would have never in a million years thought to do that...they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely canvas art Alison! And do you really have 40 tubs of glitter??????

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out great!

    I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2012/01/pinteresting-party-week-twenty-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been wanting to try this out! It came out wonderfully. I love the pic! Would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party going on right now :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2012/01/bedazzle-me-monday-15.html

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww..these are cute!! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday.

    Melanie
    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.