Saturday 21 January 2012

Wooden Bead Necklace

I have had some wooden beads in my stash for ages and, after attempting and failing miserably at a fabric covered bead necklace, decided to change tactics!

I painted 5 beads purple and one turquoise with crafter's acrylic paint, gave them a skoosh of enamel spray, then strung them together with some silvery grey ribbon, knotting the ribbon in between each bead.

 A simple necklace in my favourite colours - perfect!

I don't recommend wearing them as soon as the enamel has dried... they smell awful! I am the hippy who uses eco paint so there are minimal VOC's in the house and no nasty chemicals yet I gave myself a stonking headache wearing these as soon as they were dry, breathing in all the fumes!! I wore them again today and they smell fine!


Linking to these fab linky parties.

11 comments:

  1. Hey Alison! I LOVE this! What a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turned out fab - I really love the one turquoise bead in amongst the purple, very effective! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely necklace! How did you join it at the back? Did you just tie it or add some kind of clasp?


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh just realised I can reply to comments, how fab! Necklace is just tied with a plain old knot, that way I can adjust the length depending on what I am wearing!

      Delete
  4. It looks beautiful! I love the bright blue bead in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty necklace!

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty necklace. I have made a few of these. Always fun! I am having a Make a Gift on the 25th Party on Blissful and Domestic. I would LOVE for you to link this up,. It makes for a great gift idea too!

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-gift-on-25th-christmas-leg-warmers.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your necklace is beautiful! I love the turquoise with the black! I found you through Cherished Bliss. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pop of color!! So cute! Thank you so much for linking up with the Frog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors. Happy you linked to Things I've Done Thursday!

    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    P.S. I'd like to invite you back to check out my new blog makeover and to enter my current giveaways!! Have an excellent weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is really cute! Love the pop of turquoise!

    Visiting from Delicate Construction!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.